For questions concerning equipment malfunction, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions:
- Due to a security policy change by Google logging in to Google products (e.g., Gmail) from scan stations now requires taht you configure your account to allow for "less secure apps". Please see our DawgPrints Alerts post for more information.
Mac 10.8 (or newer): You need to install additional software before printing. If you see these ...
... then you'll need to download and install additional drivers.
- Xerox 4500 or 4510: Download this file and run the package.
- Xerox 4600 or 4620: Download this file and run the package.
- Xerox 5550: Download this file and run the package. (Note: If running 10.10.2, you will be prompted to download and install drivers from the Apple store when trying to print. Do this.)
- Xerox 6360: Download this file and run the package.
- Xerox 7760: Download this file and run the package.
- Ricoh Aficia SP 5200DN: Download this file and run the package.
- In either case once you reach the "Select Printer" step click continue, then click "Continue" when the package warns that you have not yet selected a printer. Finally click "Close". The printer installed by the DawgPrints package should now function and not request additional software.
Mac 10.10 Users: Pharos has released an updated Popup client for Yosemite in December. Unfortunately many Xerox printers (which primarily compose the DawgPrints printer fleet) do not yet have Yosemite-compatible drivers. Print packages for the following types of printers are known to work without additional installation steps:
- Ricoh C821DN
- Xerox Phaser 4600
- Mobile Devices: Unfortunately we are not able to provide printing for mobile devices at this time. We are looking at a module from our vendor to provide this capability, but at this time it is still in the planning stages.
- Mac 10.8/10.9 Users: an update to the Pharos Popup client appears to have resolved lingering issues printing on Mac. If you encounter any please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and we will provide an alternative means of connection.
Mac 10.8/10.9 Users: Pharos' Popup client is not fully supported in OS X 10.8 and you may encounter issues when running the installer. If you are able to run the package and install the printer, but the printer will not function you may have to update several components.
- First, attempt to update the print driver by download this file and running the included package. The last step asks you to install a new printer. Please ignore this step.
- If you are still having issues please update the Popup Application by running this file. Run the included package and follow the steps to update the Popup application.
- If you continue to encounter issues please email Dawg Prints Support.
- Mac 10.6 Users: If you receive an error in your print queue stating, "you need to install software to use this printer" please go to the 10.6 Errors page and download the appropriate driver.
- Mac Users: After installing the package the popup may not appear when attempting to print a job. You need to manually start the popup in order for it to work correctly. To do this go to Macintosh HD (or equivalent) > Library > Application Support > Pharos and double click the Popup application. The application will launch, but no window will appear until you send a job. If you have 10.7 (OS X Lion) this folder is hidden by default. To unhide the folder go to Terminal and type in "chflags nohidden ~/Library" (no quotes).
- Windows Users: If an error message appears when attempting to send jobs that states "Cannot connect to host BORIS/NATASHA on port 28203" you will need to update your hosts file. Please run the executable located here to update your hosts file. Firefox users right click and save link as. This executable requires .Net Framework 2.5 or higher. A download for .Net Framework 3.5 can be found here
- For Mac users open ports 28203, and 515 under the /System Preferences/Sharing/ pane.
- Because of security concerns Dawg Prints is not able to accept print jobs coming from non UW IPs. Please connect through a UW IP to send your jobs.
- When using Sophos and installing a Dawg Prints package you will receive several notifications about suspicious behavior. This is a normal behavior for our package and should be approved to avoid further issues. You will see a HIPS/ProcInj-001 warning for popupmodule.exe, CCHosts.exe, and CTskMstr.exe.