Our Vision: The University of Washington will utilize businesses whose ownership is representative of our diverse and local community.
Our Mission: We proactively engage with and support the University of Washington's commitment to creating a diverse business environment.
The Business Diversity Program (BDP) is committed to ensuring that vendors, suppliers, service providers, consultants, architects, engineers, and contractors who serve the University reflect the diversity of the Washington state business community. The Program helps strengthen the economic development and viability of small, minority and women-owned businesses and helps to ensure that the University receives quality goods and services at competitive prices.
The Business Diversity Program:
- Seeks to assure equality of opportunity for small, minority, and women-owned businesses
- Conducts business opportunity fairs and provides information on how to do business with the University
- Provides training opportunities and educational forums for businesses
- Supports UW departments and schools/colleges in sourcing qualified businesses
- Encourages the University's larger suppliers and contractors to develop and expand their commitment to business diversity with their suppliers and subcontractors.
- Recommends qualified businesses become certified as minority or women business enterprises with the State Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises.